Call us today on

How to Check for Carbon Monoxide in Your Home 2015-11-30T13:43:36+00:00

How to Check for Carbon Monoxide in Your Home

Carbon monoxide poisoning continues to be the cause of death for more and more people every year. Don’t be another statistic. Regular servicing of your appliances can and WILL prevent lethal fumes entering your home.

Any one of the following could be a sign that there is carbon monoxide in your home:

  • The flame on your cooker should be crisp and blue. Lazy yellow or orange flames mean you need to get your cooker checked.
  • Dark staining around or on appliances.
  • Pilot lights that frequently blow out.
  • Increased condensation inside windows.

Getting your appliances checked and fitting a CO detector in your home could prevent your family from feeling unwell, or worse.

C Hanlon Ltd are Gas Safe Registered and can come to your home to carry out a service check on all of your gas appliances.

Get in touch today!

To arrange for a C Hanlon Gas Safe Registered engineer to check your gas appliances:
Call us on
0843 289 2038
C Hanlon can provide all trades services for Residential and Commercial Customers throughout Glasgow and Central Scotland.


If you need to call out a tradesman for an emergency call the C Hanlon 24 hr Emergency Number: 0843 289 2038.