Pest Control for Ants
Ant infestations can be more than an unsightly nuisance. They can contaminate kitchen worktops, shelves and cupboards and if they get into your stored food they can contaminate that as well.
Treating an ant infestation can be tricky. Ants live in colonies so getting rid of a few stray ants may not solve the bigger problem.
Even if you spot just one or a few ants, especially in your kitchen, it may be a sign that more are on the way because once an ant finds a food source (they prefer sweet or protein based foods) they will leave a trail of pheromones everywhere they go which acts as a road map for other ants to follow straight back to the food source.
Why Are Ants Pests?
Garden ants or black ants become a major annoyance to family homes and garden areas from early spring time through to late summer.
Ants will make attempts to invade your property foraging for a food source where, if their preferred option of a sweet food is not available, the ants will attempt to hunt for high protein foods. They will clamber over anything and everything spreading germs and contaminating food as they go.
Some ant related facts:
- Black Ants can burrow through bricks and mortar.
- Ants and humans like the same food – sweets, meat, starches and liquids.
- They contaminate food and surfaces that they’ve crawled over.
- Black Ants ‘farm’ Aphids as a food source. The Aphids feed on your garden plants.
- There are 1 million ants for every human on Earth.
- An average Black Ant colony contains 4,000 – 7,000 worker ants.
C Hanlon Pest Control’s fully trained and experienced pest control technicians are well versed in surveying properties, detecting ant nests and treating them quickly, efficiently, safely and discretely so that ant infestations are no longer a problem. They can identify what type of ant is responsible and applying the appropriate and most efficient treatment. They can also advise on the best course of prevention you can take to avoid future ant infestations. Only pesticides that are not harmful to humans and pets are used.
Individual spraying of ants won’t have any lasting effect. C Hanlon Pest Control will eliminate the nest and destroy the colony.
- Our technicians are experienced in identifying ant species and their habits.
- If the nest can be located we use a specialised insecticide spray.
- If the nest can’t be located we use a toxic gel bait which is carried by the worker ants to the nest to feed the queen, destroying the colony.
- The insecticides we use are extremely effective and safe to use around your home and garden.
Contact C Hanlon Pest Control today for more information about pest control for ants or to book an appointment.
0843 289 2038
All Trade Services
We provide Free Estimates for all your work which you require us to carry out.
You have nothing to lose by asking C Hanlon to quote for all your trades work whether it is plumbing, heating, building, roofing, electrical, drainage or any other service related to your home.
We have specialised divisions to serve our domestic customers:
Plumbing, Central Heating, Drainage, Bathrooms, Building, Roofing, Electrical and Pest Control
Provisional Appointment Request
Please fill out the booking form below to request your provisional appointment. A member of C Hanlon staff will then contact you via email to confirm the date and time of your booking. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your appointment please call us on 0141 637 3199.
Why Choose Us
- Pricing transparency
- Trustworthy well established all trades company
- Successfully serving Glasgow and Central Scotland since 1984.
- Excellent reputation
- We carry full insurance cover