In the UK each year there are over 4000 accidents caused by electrical installations, resulting in over 1000 serious injuries and dozens of fatalities.
Therefore, the condition of the electrics in your home should not be treated lightly as these deteriorate over time. They should be checked at regular intervals to ensure that they are in a safe condition. It is recommended that your home electrics are tested every 10 years.
C Hanlon Electrical can carry out full electrical inspections and testing for homes in Glasgow and throughout Central Scotland. We have a team of fully trained and certificated electricians available for full periodic testing.
What does this entail?
- Identifying potential electric shock risks and fire hazards
- Testing your electrical circuits for overloading
- Checking the condition of all sockets, switches, ceiling fittings, etc
- Identifying defective electrical installation work and materials.
- Checking all fuse ratings on the fuse board
- Ensuring that all circuits are correctly identified on the fuse board
- Checking that all earthing and bonding is adequate
Periodic Testing is carried out to BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations) and we will issue a Electrical Condition Report (EICR) with written reports of any remedial works.