Why Maintain Your Boiler?
The short answer is peace of mind. C Hanlon domestic boiler servicing and maintenance give you peace of mind meaning that your home will be heated and you will always have hot running water.
We recommend that you carry out a regular boiler servicing maintenance programme. It’s always best to have scheduled maintenance for your boiler to maintain correct, safe and efficient operation and of course minimise the risk of a complete boiler failure and the subsequent replacement costs.
Many people feel they can’t resist the temptation to wait until the boiler is on its last legs before replacing it. This can be dangerous and costly. A boiler that is not operating correctly can present a danger to your family and your house. A maintained boiler is a safe and efficient boiler.
What’s Included In Your Annual Boiler Check
Your annual boiler service includes:
- Gas soundness test/check
- Boiler efficiency check including flue gas analysis (and adjustment as required)
- Check on the operation of safety devices (and adjustment if required)
- Check on operating pressures (and adjustment as required)
- Visual inspection of flue
- Visual inspection of exposed pipework to all appliances
- Assessment of ventilation (for boiler purposes)
Gas Safe Qualified Staff
Boiler care and maintenance must be carried our by an approved gas/heating engineer who is accredited to the relevant standard (mainly Gas Safe standards for gas central heating boiler maintenance).
What is a Gas Safety Check?
A gas safety check includes the assessment of the basic safety of any gas appliance but a gas service includes a more detailed check of the gas appliance.
The engineer will assess the physical condition of the appliance, pipework, ventilation and any flues for signs of damage or malfunction. The engineer will carry out performance tests and take any actions necessary.
It is very important that gas appliances are serviced regularly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Servicing your boiler regularly will make sure it is operating safely and efficiency.
Signs That Your Appliances Need Servicing?
Gas boilers should be serviced regularly. However, if you notice any of the warning signs listed below you should arrange for us to service your appliance as soon as possible:
- Your boiler is not working properly
- You can see black marks or stains on or around your gas appliances
- The pilot light keeps going out
- Your appliance is burning with a yellow flame instead of a blue flame
- There is increased condensation in the room
New Gas Fired Boilers
C Hanlon Heating provide new gas boilers from Worcester Bosch with an 8 year guarantee and Vaillant Boilers with a 5 year guarantee (subject to annual servicing). Find out more about our Gas Central Heating systems.
If you are unable to get natural gas at your house we can provide other boiler types including oil fired boilers and